My son and I stayed at the Apukka Resort for Christmas. It was wonderful! The atmosphere and the hospitality was top-notch. Everyone welcomed us and helped us whenever we needed it. The activities they provided were excellent and fun! The buffet food was Finnish and more than what we expected it to be, excellent chef! I would recommend this resort to any tourist or local resident.
Very nice stay in a lovely Aurora cabin, lunch was good and tasty, over all you get good service and facilities there in beautiful location, and only 10 minutes from RVN airport
It was a major disappointment. I was expecting Siberian huskies like in the ad (that was what I specifically came to see as it is my favourite breed) and they only had Alaskan huskies which are a mixed breed. The instructors spoke broken English that was very hard to understand and the safari guide seemed drunk, not professional at all. The juice we were offered was just concentrated cheap stuff and tasted bad. We wanted beautiful memories and asked the guide to take pictures. Afterwards we noticed all the pictures were blurry and awful. The activities didn’t stay in schedule at all, we were 45mins late. The ride itself was ok, but definitely not worth of spending 120e per person. Unprofessional and a waste of money. Will not recommend to anyone. In fact if anyone is coming to Lapland I will warn about this experience.
Hello, I am contacting you because I did a terrible mistake. I booked a snow train trip last week as a christmas gift for my sister an her best friend. (Booking #28672162). I thought that I booked the trip for the 20/01/18 and just realised that I did a mistake today when I received your “Thanks for joining us email”. Please can you confirm that it is possible to postpone the trip since my sister and her friend will be in Finland next month and not in December … Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Tom RICHER
Salve vorrei un preventivo x una camera x 2 adulti e 1 bambino di 4 anni dal 23 al 27 dicembre
Thank you Appuka Resort, we spent a wonderful time here.
For the first time our children saw real snow and enjoyed playing snow happily all day long.
The Appuka cabin was so amazing…truly appreciate arranging us to stay in the same room at the second night.
The food was delicious as well, highly recommend vegetable soup and french fries, try it and you won’t regret!
Although we didn’t have chance to see north light in the end, we will always remember the friendly and enthusiastic hotel staffs.
The place is exelent, I manage to capture aurora and had a great time with my family with all the fun activities such as husky ride, sauna and Jacuzzi
great team! nice excursions!
Hotellin taso yllätti täydellisesti!
I just make a reservation no possible no make review
How much does it cost to rent a snowmobile?
Hello, I saw you deleted my previous review? It was written on december 2017. I wouldblike to know the reason for the deleting of my review! Travelblogs Jaques
I cannot express my disappointment in this place enough! This was by far the worst “resort” / accommodation we have stayed in. And we travel a lot – from hostel to luxury holidays we have experienced everything.
Just a few things:
– your breakfast is so bad, it’s a joke that you even provide it. I have stayed in hostels which provide free breakfast and it was MUCH better that what you provide!
Your staff (especially the woman at reception working last week wednesday, saturday and sunday mornings) is incredibly unhelpful and seems to enjoy saying “I don’t know” to every question you ask. She also checked us in – we arrived at 11 am and she was on the phone for 15 minutes, then just gave us our key and that was it! no welcome, no information, no directions given whatsoever.
– the aurora cabin we stayed (Aurora 1) in only has very very dimmed light that we needed to use a torch(!!) to see anything really.
– no room servie apart from someone making your bed. no new towels, our used mugs weren’t cleaned or replaced. It was super dusty- I took photos if you like to see them! and the bathroom smelled like sewage and mould with no ventilation.
– water pressure is so low you get super cold and the water runs out after 20min then needs 3 hours to heat up again!
– we had a sauna on skis for which I paid 129 EUR, however when we were at the resort you handed us your newly printed activities catalogue which only priced the exact same sauna at 95 EUR!
– on your website you listed the times of a public bus: we stood in the freezing cold for 40 minutes and the bus did not turn up. we then asked for your shuttle, which you also wrote about on your website (15EUR pp to get to town) and were told it is not available. we asked for this on 3 days and every day were told it is not available.
– heating in the aurora cabin: it is underfloor only and no thermostate to adjust it! It was either freezing cold or super hot so we had to open the door.
I am incredibly sad how horrible our experience was staying at the resort. I would give 0 stars if I could.
Please get in touch with me to sort this out, I am expecting some kind of compensation.
Täydellinen paikka viettää täydellistä lomaa!
Decent food nothing too fancy but kept hunger away. Cabins didn’t have any place to hang clothes! So the cabin was very messy whole time.
Guides are very polite and professional! But the resort seems to be little under construction? The where some building supplies on the ground near our cabin and near the sauna.
Excellent service from the reception is helping us to book the chalets last minute. Nice comfortable and clean rooms and overall friendly and efficient service with a big smile and nice breakfast.
You have very excellent place. There is so many things to do and you can relax so god.
Aivan mahtava paikka, suosittelen👍🏻
Oli makia pöhinä päällä!
not already stayed, but enjoying to discover the ice village
What an excellent place to stay!
Nice place and awesome safaris!
Very nice place!
Great service! Very helpful with questions concerning my booking. Thank you. Looking forward to my stay at Apukka Resort.
Wonderful pages – will have safaris in the next winter.
Choice of the middle class